Making Sense of Safety Reporting Systems
Many organisations seem convinced that more data is by definition better data and that by gathering more safety data (incidents, near misses, safety observations, operational failures) and processing this data using artificial intelligence we can predict and ultimately prevent the next big accident. But is this vision realistic?
- Identify common problems with reporting systems and the limitations of current approaches to analysing safety (and quality) data;
- Make sense of data trends and patterns;
- Improve your understanding of current cutting-edge thinking in safety sciences and human factors in a simple and accessible language;
- Apply advanced concepts using case examples;
- Move from reporting and collecting data towards learning from data to generate sustainable improvements.