In-person session: Social Psychology of Risk (SPoR) Foundation course
Foundation in Social Psychology of Risk (SPoR)
Workshop | London 24-25 October
Many organisations talk about HOP, Safety II, safety leadership, learning teams and safety culture but advocate little more than tightening controls, following policies, penalizing people, and shifting the blame from people to systems and back to people. Little is understood about how humans make decisions when faced with uncertainty even when the aim is to build the capacity for an uncertain, unknown future and/or creating a human-centred approach to risk and safety.
Social psychology of risk (SPoR) places ethics and politics at its heart to discern human decisions. Moreover, SPoR is uniquely positioned to understand heuristics, biases, habits, symbols, gestures, rituals, and discourse (language) all of which underpins our collective and personal unconscious. Given the predominance of human unconscious (>99%) in decision making, the application of SPoR helps us grasp and tackle the risks associated with everyday work.
The application of social psychology of risk (SPoR) is versatile:
- Understanding and improving human decision making
- Enhanced listening and engagement skills
- Event analysis (accidents, incidents, risk assessments, routine and non-routine work) using a human centred approach
- Leadership skills for tackling risk
- A practical approach to achieving cultural transformation by influencing the language of the organisation
- Nippin Anand PhD
- Robert Long PhD (joining from Australia between 08:30-10:30 each day)
- Day 1 | 24-10-2022: Foundations in Social Psychology of Risk
- Day 2 | 25-10-2022: iCue® Engagement Process
- Language audit
- Risk intelligence maturity model
- Case studies
- iCue® Engagement Process
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Bath Road, Heathrow Airport
Hayes, UB3 5AN United Kingdom
£800 (£400 per day ) + 20 % VAT
Complimentary session | Learning organisations
Steve Shorrock | 02nd November, 10:30-12:30 (UTC)
This is a complimentary online session with Steven Shorrock for those who register for the SPoR workshop in London.
- Dr. Robert LongExpert in social psychology, principal and trainer
Rob is the founder of Human Dymensions and has extensive experience, qualifications and expertise across a range of sectors including government, education, corporate, industry and community sectors over 30 years. Rob has worked at all levels of the education and training sector including serving on various post graduate executive, post graduate supervision, post graduate course design and implementation of programs.
- Nippin AnandFounder
Nippin has a Masters degree in Economics, a PhD in Social Sciences and a fascination in Cultural Anthropology. Working as a seafarer and travelling the world from the age of seventeen gave Nippin the unique opportunity to meet people who think differently. This experience has informed much of his work to date, encouraging him to find deeper meaning, as well as learn and grow through every challenge he undertakes.