- Learning from what goes well: Another tactic to milk the cow?
- Should we hold the handrail? Risk and Safety in COVID times
- Goal Conflicts
- What failure has taught me
- Adaptation at sea: Hindsight and foresight
- Turning apples into bananas: How big data undermines safety and what can be done about it?
- Near miss reporting: A (mis)leading indicator of safety?
- Personal protective equipment: Managing safety or exercising control?
- Thirty years on: In search of broken components
- Imaginary checklists and defensive procedures: When safety tools serve another purpose
- Bad seamanship: Is that so?
- Did you spot the elephant in the room? The non-sense of performance indicators and metrics
- Light bulbs, red lines and rotten onions: Debunking the myths of the safety management systems
- When less is more: Managing safety in time critical operations
- Boxing and dancing: The challenges of enforcement in global shipping
- Accidents at sea: Causes or constructs?
- Lost control, just stay in command: What it means to be a ship captain?
- Enclosed space operations: Do we understand the risks
- Fram: A systems approach to risk management and incident investigation
- Caught in numbers, lost in focus: What it means to manage safety in global shipping
- Breaking the myth: The effectiveness of bowties in risk and safety management
- Risk assessment at the sharp end
- accident investigations: learning from failures or failure to learn?
- Making the strange familiar: A conversation with Dr Adrienne Mannov about social anthropology
- Is bigger better? Conversations with Jan Hoffman (UNCTAD)
- Boxing and Dancing
- The ethics of risk and safety: Conversations with Dr. Rob Long
- Why don’t workers speak up? A conversation with Amy Edmondson
- Are schools really set up for learning? Conversations with Nick Little.
- Sailing through the Suez Canal: A ship captain’s perspective
- How organizational structure impacts upon operational safety
- The power of self-reflection: Conversations with Cindi Nandlal
- Psychological safety for leaders: Conversations with Rosa Carrillo (part 2)
- Conversations with Rosa Carrillo: The power of deep listening (part 1)
- Rituals for moving on from disaster. A discussion about accident investigations.
- The overstated role of soft skills in crew resource management: Are we being sold the icing without the cake?
- Organising for safety: How structure creates culture
- From reporting towards conversations: learn how to create reliable leading indicators of safety and business
- Paper Safe: The Triumph of Bureaucracy in Safety Management
- Why Organisations Fail: Discussions and Reflections
- Artificial Intelligence: Understanding The Bias Built Into Machines
- Safety reporting systems: Insights from Steven Shorrock
- Near misses: Origins, triangles and challenges
- Near-miss reporting: A (mis)leading indicator of safety?