Drawing on first-hand video interviews with the ship’s captain and extensive research in accidents we have created a documentary style narrative of this case.
Who Should Attend
“Only two words come to mind - curiosity and open-mindedness. we welcome diversity, debates, disagreements and differences so we can learn from your experiences.”
On 12th January 2012, the passenger ship Costa Concordia collided with rocks and capsized off the island of Giglio in Italy in what became seen as one of the historic accidents in the maritime industry. A central question for us has been what can we learn from this accident and many such high-profile accidents? Drawing on first-hand (video) interviews with the captain and extensive research into accidents, we have created a documentary-style narrative of this accident.
The workshop will provide an opportunity to put learning into practice through a systematic analysis of the events leading up to, during and after the accident on board the Costa Concordia. A key feature of this workshop is that we get to hear the perspective of the ship captain who was involved in the accident.
- The limitations of existing models and methods in accident investigation and analysis
- The importance of engaging with alternative viewpoints (i.e. cognitive diversity)
- The underlying problems with error detection and error management (i.e. crew resource management)
- The role of expertise in managing risk and safety
- The limits of compliance-based models in risk and safety management
- The role of organisational plans and procedures in managing emergency situations.
The event will be held on Microsoft Teams. A meeting link will be sent out one week prior to the course to all the participants on their registered email address.
If you have further questions please get in touch.
Alternatively, send us an email at email@example.com and we will aim to respond within 24 hours.
Early bird discount
Early bird discounts available for bookings made 30 days in advance – see ticket for the discount if applicable.
Full refund on the ticket available up to one month before the course.
No refunds will be made after this date.
Ticket price: $650