Accident investigations program
This 3 days program approaches investigations from the perspective of Social Psychology Event Exploration & Knowledge (SEEK). SEEK is an event investigation methodology based on the foundations of a Social Psychology of Risk (SPoR).
The program is unique as it applies the key principles of the social psychology of risk to the way events are investigated. The Program assumes that events and investigations are conditioned by the social context and that social context has a significance on human decision making and behaviours.
The SEEK program adds value to already existing incident investigation strategies and complements traditional strategies by adding a strong focus on:
• The bias of the investigator
• The decision-making of the participants
• Social arrangements
• Culture of the organization and,
• Human contributing factors to events
In SEEK, we start with the investigator’s biases.
That’s where learning begins!
By the conclusion of the program participants will:
- Better understand themselves and subjectivity of event and incident investigation.
- Develop skills in causation sand understanding causation bias.
- Learn about the foundations of social psychology and its contribution to event investigation
- Study examples of accident cases and learn what happens when investigations are distorted.
- Develop skills in perception and defensiveness detection.
- Learn skills of temperament type and engaging others in investigations.
- Understand how culture impacts on events and investigation.
- Develop effective questioning skills and interviewing techniques that support a social psychological approach to event investigation.
- Be equipped with a range of SPoR tools to better manage event and incident investigations.
- Develop strategies to incorporate social psychological perspectives in report writing.
We can continue to reinforce what we have always known or …
we can listen and learn something new
What you should not expect
Not the ‘do you know’ kind information based learning.
Not the typical thinking, reflecting, & passive consumption of classroom knowledge.
Not the experts claiming to have the right recipe for success.
What you can expect
Practical tools to improve listening and observation skills.
Perceptive and practical tools for observing other cultures, rituals and symbols to challenge our deepest assumptions.
A new perspective of the world.
A new set of ’eyes and ears’ to recognise the risk.
A carefully designed pack of tools, methods, Culture Audit checklists (and a coffee mug) to help ensure sustained learning.
An online community who finds joy in sharing experiences (and meals) and helping others learn and grow.